Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th!!!

I tried and tried to get a cute photo of Hannah in her fourth gear (Lil' Firecracker shirt and patriotic skirt) but the weather (rainy!) and Hannah were not feeling like cooperating. I may try again tomorrow. Here is a shot from the beach in Stonington - I played with turning it black and white - I know it is dark, I kinda liked it that way better than a lighter, truer B&W.

On my photo board, this week's challenge is Summertime. I think this shot of Aria exemplifies Summer. Lying in the grass...no cares in the world. Took this shot the weekend before we moved. I wonder if this is what Hannah will look like in 6 years?!?!


On another note, all of you midwesterners would be glad to know that so far the "cold, unfriendly east-coasters" are far from it. We have in fact met all of our neighbors, received cookies from two of them, been invited to a 1st birthday party in the neighborhood (we went and hannah thoroughly enjoyed the cupcakes and fireworks!), been advised on the best shopping areas and best doctors, and loaned a lawn tractor so we (Andy) could spend less time cutting the grass.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Becky! I'm so glad your move went well, and that you have such great neighbors. Hope the unpacking and settling in are going well!