Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hannah's favorites

I have photos on the camera to download but amazingly enough I am having a hard time finding time to do it...so I thought I had a quick minute to post a quick note.

Hannah's favorite things are constantly changing and I was thinking yesterday about how Sesame Street was her favorite show and we watched SO MUCH of it that we all got sick of it...then onto the the doodlebops, barney, word world and the most recent favorite, Super Why. It is funny when an adult gets excited for a new "never-seen" episode of a toddler show. But this is seriously something we get excited about. We have watched every super why ever made (I think!). It is a great show with letters, spelling, reading, fairy tales and lessons...catchy music too. At least Little Einsteins is picking up in popularity lately so we can occasionally watch that one too.

Like all little girls purple was a favorite color for so long...followed by a short-lived pink. Although she still likes pink and purple, the new color on the block is blue...not just any blue...turquoise blue. I have gone back and forth between calling it aqua blue and turquoise blue...Hannah just calls it blue. Yesterday we were playing with playdough and she wanted blue...after I handed her the royal blue playdough she told me "No, turkey blue." Then pointed to the turquoise-like color. Of course I haven't been able to coax her into saying it again so I am not sure anyone believes me. :) I think her love for all things turquoise comes from another favorite thing of hers...the Little Mermaid.

She has about 4 Little Mermaid shirts now and two pair of pjs plus a bathing suit and a backpack (more later on the backpack)...needless to say she would wear a mermaid shirt everyday if she could. Most of the shirts/pjs are turquoise colored like water. She picks thru her "big girl" diapers (pull-ups) to find the ones with the little mermaid on them...she has to use all of those first before using the ones with just cinderella on them.

Speaking of a concern over which diapers to use first, another of her loves is Ernie from Sesame Street (Bert comes in a close second). So when she is being a good big sister and getting mommy a diaper for Leah...she has to search through all of the diapers to find the ernie ones. We use up all of the ernie ones first before Big Bird, Elmo and Cookie. We also have been coloring a lot lately...she always wants to color a page with both Ernie and Bert on it...somost of our sesame street coloring books are quickly becoming devoid of ernie and bert. I am tired of coloring ernie and bert...Sometimes I would just like to use a red crayon or blue crayon instead of always yellow and orange...but then again that speaks to my desire to color the characters the correct color. Note to self: I must step out of the box and color ernie purple and bert green.

One more favorite thing before I go...the aforementioned backpack. Since Hannah is starting preschool this summer/fall, we decided to buy her a backpack. She picked the one with all of the princesses on it...the little mermaid right in the center. We have always talked about her backpack and how she will take it to school. For some reason, she refuses to call it a backpack and calls it a suitcase. We have no idea where this came from except maybe from the grandparents all visiting when Leah was born and maybe there was talk of packing suitcases and such. In her defense, it is one of those rolling backpacks with wheels like a suitcase. She rolls that thing all around the house.

Life with a 2 yr old. :)

1 comment:

Arichica said...

Been there, done that so I can totally relate. Don't you just love the thought process of a 2 year old.