Tuesday, July 29, 2008

10 on Tuesday

I am going to jump on the 10 on Tuesday bandwagon. Various blogs that I enjoy reading always do a 10 on Tuesday post. Just a list of things or photos to share a little bit more of our lives.

1. Hannah peed on the potty today - TWICE...this is very exciting in our house right now. We are encouraging her with a sticker chart and prizes. She even wore underwear out for ice cream and a quick trip to Target. (No we aren't crazy - she has the bladder of an elephant and I was 99% sure she wouldn't have an accident)

2. Hannah started preschool a few weeks ago. The first week was very exciting. The second week held a lot of tears. This week she couldn't wait to go. I always look forward to fridays because she brings home her artwork from the week. She looks forward to Fridays because Andy picks her up from school.

3. Leah has really become so much more aware this week. She has started to play with the dragon fly and dinosaur toys that we have. It is very cute to watch.

4. Not only did I get spit up or puked on four times today...Leah also branched out and got Andy and Hannah too...spreading the love!

5. Googled "removing playdough from carpet" this afternoon. Not only did Hannah rub playdough into the floor with her feet, she had to do it with bright orange playdough!

6. Sometimes I wonder if timeouts are worth it. Hannah takes a very dramatic timeout with crying, bawling, kicking, sobbing etc. Unfortunately Leah is a sympathetic cryer..so not only do I have naughty Hannah crying in a timeout but I also have Leah crying right along with her...calgon, take me away!!!

7. My tomato plants are bearing lots of fruit...some are starting to turn and some of the plants have been lovingly chewed on by deer. I also planted carrots and green onions. My pepper plants have been smothered by the tomato plants.

8. We went to the zoo on Sunday morning. It was the most fun that I think we have had at the zoo. Hannah really enjoyed it and was excited to see all of the animals. Leah just enjoyed being in the baby bjorn so she could see everything. This time we planned ahead and packed lunches so we didn't have to pay $25 for two chili dogs, one hotdog, 2 sodas and some fries. We attempted to bypass the frozen lemonade cart without prying eyes seeing it but Hannah was too quick for us. She really loves that stuff!

9. We bought gas for $3.15 a gallon the other day (AND we were on empty!) Our grocery store has this new program where you get points for every dollar spent...every 50 pts give you 10 cents off at the pump the next time you fill up. We had saved up a ton of pts and got 90 cents off per gallon. Plus we bought it in Rhode Island on the way back from the zoo so it was 15 cents cheaper anyway (less gas tax). It is currently $4.15-$4.19 here for the cheap stuff.

10. One of Hannah's new favorite tv shows is Blue's Clues which makes me smile because I remember when Ayden (Hannah's cousin) liked Blue. Hannah thinks it is cool that Blue and friends are on Leah's diapers. (The diaper snob in me finally gave in and tried luvs. They fit great and cost a whole lot less than swaddlers especially at BJS with a coupon.)

4 comments:

Jim said...

Congrats, Hannah! Your mom & dad will love it when that potty thing gets perfected! :)

Jess said...

Hannah! You're such a big girl!!! Congrats to mommy for celebrating that success in the midst of the orange playdoh, spit up and dramatic timeouts! :)

Andrea said...

Congrats to Hannah and you on the potty success! I can't believe she's in preschool now too. Where has the time gone? :)

Beth Chandler said...

Awww. I love numbers 1 and 2!

-Beth