Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hannah has FINALLY embraced...the tutu!

Hannah has never liked a tutu. She never liked how they felt and I tried to get her to like them. Well, we watched a show (Emily Yeung) on Disney about a girl who took a ballet class. After the show, I talked about tutus and dancing. I showed her some blue tulle that I had to make her a new tutu. Since her favorite color is blue - she was very excited. I didn't hold my breath but made the tutu anyway. She loved it! Yippee for the ballerina in me!

Here she is in the tutu for the first time...she still tries to avoid the camera so I will take what shots I get!



In a dress and a tutu! Look at her first position! I can't wait to get her in a dance class!


twirling like a ballerina


December 2006 - my sugar plum fairy!


January 2006 - the first tutu I made for Hannah


And this is her new "dancing" dress (flower girl dress for a wedding this August) I bribed her into the dress by telling her we would dance. The other day she wanted to dance again adn I found her in the guest bedroom pulling the dress out of its bag...too cute. We dance to "la la la" in the tune of blue danube. Surprisingly enough, in a short time Hannah has learned blue danube and it is fairly recognizeable.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud! A tutu AND a dress all in one posting! She should fit into the pink feather tutu costume from your first recital pretty soon!

Jess said...

She's a natural! Can't wait to see her in dance recitals! :)

Ann said...

Wow! And I can't get my daughter out of a dress and tutu! She is in a dance camp this week and LOVES it! I just wish she would like soccer as much...I told her my friend Becky would be so proud of her dancing moves:)

Beth Chandler said...

Aw, I love the blue tutu! She looks adorable in the flower girl dress! I can't wait to see her!

-Beth

Kaosong said...

Makes me SO want a girl! :) She looks like a natural!