We just got back from a family vacation. We flew down to florida and met Poppy and Nanny at the airport then drove down to Port Canaveral. The next day we left on a five day cruise to the Bahamas.
1. The key to a good plane trip with Hannah: a bag of doritos and wet wipes (for the orange fingers). Both girls were good on the way there...then they both SLEPT most of the flight on the way home...which was nice...we were exhausted.
2. Hannah drove her first car on vacation. They had power wheels on the private island. She rode a couple of different ones but I think her favorite was the dora car.
3. All of the good food on the cruise and Hannah sustained herself on cheeseburgers, hotdogs, sausage and pizza. We tried to get her to order steak - she loves steak...but she stayed with the comfort foods. The rest of us enjoyed filet, prime rib, mahi mahi, salmon, escargot, shrimp and LOTS of dessert.
4. Hannah had a little bit of home sickness on this trip. After our first night in the hotel, she asked if our trip was over. She was very concerned about where our house was...which of course we told her it was on our road waiting for us. Then came the concern about our car...where was our car...so we reassured her that it was at the airport also waiting for us. She also thought that we were all teasing her when we told her we were going to sleep on the ship.
5. Leah took great naps which wasn't a surprise. Hannah resisted but having Andy and I lie down with her resulted in some good naps (for all of us).
6. Hannah and Nanny (who is also now know as Grandma some of the time) went swimming on the ship...well more splashing and walking in the water but they had fun. Leah couldn't swim on the ship since she isn't potty trained.
7. The day at the beach was warm but a bit windy. Everyone got in the water for a bit but then got chilled. The girls also enjoyed the sand - though one of them (I will let you guess) thoguth she should eat the sand. So we went for a walk on the beach...spent some time at the power wheels track and had lunch.
8. At the straw market in Nassau, Hannah picked out a lovely straw purse with Belle on it. I picked out a pair of maracas for Leah. Hannah didn't want one. They said they could split up the pair and I could buy just one but I knew better. Fifteen minutes later, Hannah was enjoying them. They both are STILL playing with them at home. Hannah likes to give Leah both of them so Leah can shake and play music while Hannah dances. And they haven't broken yet. The one we bought Hannah in Key West when she was six months old was broken before the end of the day!
9. Fisher price sponsors a playtime for the three and under crowd on the cruise ship. They have someone there to lead playtime during certain times in the afternoon. But after that playtime is over, they leave the toys out there and rotate the toys every day. The girls (and Nanny) had so much fun there everyday. And Leah had fun with the laugh and learn playhouse so I went up to the attic and brought it down yesterday. The girls played with it all afternoon. Hannah didn't even remember it from when she was little so a NEW toy for all.
10. The girls had such a good time with Poppy and Nanny - going for walks, coloring, swimming, EATING, reading, playing, exploring...I am sure I forgot so many things but I am out of numbers.
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I absolutely love reading your ten on Tuesday every week--this was a great overview of your trip--sounds like everyone had fun, and that you and Andy could maybe use a weekend away just the two of you to recover from a "vacation" with two little ones! :)
Post a Comment