1. Hannah played soccer this fall and loved it. We didn't have many games due to bad weather but she still enjoyed hanging out with Joaquin and Diego every week. At the end of the season she got a soccer trophy and she is very proud of it.
2. It is not uncommon to find Leah sitting in the middle of the dining room table or standing on the train table. She is a climber. So far it has not crossed her mind to climb out of the crib...but I am sure it is coming. Today I found her in there jumping up and down in her crib and giggling away.
3. I love footie pjs. Hannah never wore them past walking stage because they never fit her right. Too long in the body and too short in the legs. She would trip all over the place. Leah looks so adorable in the pjs and it keeps her my little baby just a little while longer.
4. We just bought tickets to take Hannah and Leah to Disney Princesses on Ice in January. I haven't told Hannah yet...I think she will love it! We will probably wait until January to tell her. I also hope to take her to the Nutcracker again this year.
5. Hannah also is taking dance class. She loves going every week. We have already seen her costume for her recital in May and can't wait!
6. Leah has been diagnosed with a peanut allergy. So we are all learning to read labels and be prepared with our own food. We are avoiding peanuts and tree nuts. Luckily since peanut allergies are so prevalent these days there are a lot of resources and even special nut-free food out there (Example: cake mixes and frostings may contain nuts - but there is a company that makes cake, cookie and frosting mix in dedicated nut-free facilities.) It isn't too bad at home but a little more difficult when we are out - like when she wants a cupcake like everyone else or another 18 month old tried to share a peanut butter ritz sandwich with her. Makes me realize that not only do I have to be aware of Leah - I have to be aware of everyone else too.
7. Leah's vocabulary is growing everyday. I couldn't even guess at how many words she knows. And occasionally she is stringing three words together.
8. Hannah is excited to write a letter to Santa this year. We have decided that we will cut out pictures from catalogs and glue them down to paper to send to Santa. She changes her mind everyday but the one constant is that she wants Santa to bring her a bike...a Dora bike.
9. Hannah has made some new friends at school this year. We hear about Savannah every day and Hannah loves that their names rhyme. Hannah was telling us about how they read a book about a llama in pajamas and that she and Savannah thought it was just so silly and laughed and laughed and laughed :) This morning Hannah is home from school (had a fever all night but feels better this morning) and drew Savannah a pciture since she missed her...she is sure Savannah is missing her too.
10. I am crossing my fingers that I can get some good photos of the girls this weekend for our Christmas cards. It is easy to capture other people's kids but my own? Tough.
11. We booked a night in NYC in December to go see all of the lights and enjoy the holiday in the city. And this time, we checked to see when the tree at Rockefeller Center would be lit. We went right after Thanksgiving our first year here and they don't light the tree until December.
12. Leah still refuses to eat meat. I never thought I would have a vegetarian child. I keep trying - maybe someday she will give in and eat something other than rice and mac n cheese with a banana or strawberry here or there.
13. Leah has the water in the bathroom on and since she can only reach the HOT water...I have to go and will be looking for a safety kit for sinks.
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the update...it has been awhile. Sounds like not much has changed since I was there....Enjoy every minute....sooner than you think the house will be sooo quiet
Post a Comment