Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pickle Barrel Dog Whistling

Really, Pickle Barrel and Dog Whistling are two unrelated topics but I thought it made an intriguing title.

We tried a new restaurant with friends today- the Pickle Barrel Inn - with a name like that, it has to be good, right? Indeed it was. Anyplace that had fried pickles on the menu - yum! In fact these fried pickles were not fried pickles spears like Main Street Pub in Kalamazoo but instead they were deep fried pickle slices - think hamburger dills. Hannah and I thoroughly enjoyed them...Andy even had one. They also cook burgers to order which seems to be a rarity these days. Fried pickles, great burgers and a resident ghost...makes the Pickle Barrel Inn a restaurant that we definitely want to visit again.

After our respective Saturday afternoon naps, Andy, Hannah and I were lying on our bed...with Ruby nowhere to be seen (taking her own afternoon nap on the couch downstairs). After a quick game of "where's daddy?", Hannah began looking at the door and whistling...Hannah whistling that is - which sounds a little like someone blowing out a candle - loudly. Of course her whistling wasn't loud enough to bring Ruby upstairs but Daddy helped and Hannah was delighted to see Ruby. I think her new whistling has replaced the old sound that she made for Ruby.

This pic is of Hannah from a few minutes ago - climbing the stairs for bath and bed - which means time for me to stop and go read some books to Hannah before bedtime.

1 comment:

a2plums said...

Where is the Pickle Barrel? It sounds good.

I commend your goal of a picture a day. I have trouble breathing just even thinking about trying to do something like that. I am already 2 months behind posting pictures on Yahoo!


Sarah