Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Baby's room - progress!

Well I can't find the before pic right now but this room was painted country blue and on the angled part of the ceiling it was spongepainted pink over blue with hearts.

After picking new bedding for the baby, we decided that the new bedding (ABCs, animals and colors) would be more appropriate for Hannah who is really into colors, letters and animals right now. So we decided to use Hannah's bedding set (lovingly made by Aunt Jess) for the baby. Hannah's walls have been three different colors with this bedding...in our first home, it was seafoam green (which he had painted before kids figuring it would work with boys or girls)...in our second home, we went more of a lime green and it was REALLY bright...in our third (and hopefully last for awhile!), we painted it a yellow orange kind of color. Now with the baby's room, I had my fourth chance to get it perfect and I love this one best of all!!! I can't quite get the color right (Behr Melon) in my photos but it matches the orange in the quilt and curtains. The angled celing/wall and the back wall of the window area are painted a lighter, coordinating orange. We still have to put stuff up on the walls and put down the pink throw rugs and such...but the nursery is well on it's way and I even washed and unpacked Hannah's baby clothes and put them away in the baby's dresser! Stay tuned for pics of Hannah's new setup!





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love it!!! What a fun room. :)

Jess said...

SO cute! It's about time you have a truly orange room in your house! :) The quilt and curtains look great with the orange.