1. We spent a wonderful weekend enjoying Connecticut. On Saturday, we picked blueberries, peaches and raspberries. Then we enjoyed lunch at Costello's which has great views since it is right on the water and has yummy fried seafood. After that we headed down to the Mystic Art Fair. On Sunday, we spent the day at the beach with our friends Melissa, Rick, Emma and Eliza. It is wonderful to be right by the ocean.

2. Hannah is successfully potty trained. I am sure there may still be a few accidents in our future...but she doesn't wear diapers anymore. Yay for Hannah, our big girl. Or as Andy likes to say, "You're a BIG KID now!" (Come on, sing along...I know you remember that jingle.)
3. Hannah got her haircut today. I tried to trim it last week and failed miserably. So we took her today and promised her ice cream. I would love to say she did wonderfully but I can't - she cried/screamed the entire time. I gave a BIG tip. Of course the bangs are too short in my opinion but in my own experience, hairdressers ALWAYS cut bangs too short.

4. Leah is definitely growing differently than Hannah. We measured her the other day and she was 24 1/2 inches...Hannah was only 24 3/4 inches at 6 months. Leah will be 4 months this weekend. It will be interesting to see how much she weighs at her 4 month appt next week.
5. Leah had her first trip to the ocean last week. And she is already famous. A photographer from the Westerly (RI) Sun Newspaper took the photo below at the beach. She said she didn't know which photos would make the cut but obviously they thought Andy and Leah are as cute as I do.

6. Hannah's best friend Joaquin became a big brother on 8-8-08 (cool birthday!). Now maybe Lorenzo will be Leah's best friend :) Their family had a contest to guess the name of the new baby. Joaquin's grandma was sure she was right since Joaquin had told her what his new brother's name would be...wait for it...HANNAH. :) There is a lot of love between Hannah and Joaquin.
7. I just cleaned out Hannah's drawers last night. I put away all of the 18 months and am sure that some of the 24 month/2T ones won't fit either. She still has that baby belly so shirts can be too short sometimes. But she also has the tiniest little bootie. Now that she isn't wearing diapers, she can fit into 18 month pants again. So I think we will be set for winter since that it what size she wore last year :)
8. I've been feeling crafty lately. While I should be applying the creativeness to my scrapbooking which is WAY behind...I have found new projects instead. I made a new fleece blanket for Leah (see below). I love the colors! I also have decorated some burp cloths for Leah's new boyfriend (see #6). I also have the fabric to make a couple of tutus for the Princesses Smith. (Shhh...don't tell!)

9. I was reading Hannah a baby animals book today. Basically it goes as follows...a baby cow is called a calf. A baby cat is called a kitten. A baby dog is called a puppy. And Hannah replied "My baby dog is called Ruby." sniff, sniff. I still miss Ruby and it makes me sad that Leah is not growing up with a dog by her side. But at this phase in our life, we don't have the time or the patience to train a new puppy.

10. Sorry to all of the divers out there but why can't gymnastics be on at 8pm? I don't really want to watch the dbl diving...I just want to see the gymnastics. Now I will have to avoid the internet, tv and radio tomorrow until I am able to watch tonight's competition on my DVR.
1 comment:
I love the addition of the pictures! Although the one of Ruby made me tear up... what a sweet doggie she was. LOVE the new fleece blanket, and the pic of Andy and Leah at the beach is priceless. Can you tell I'm a big fan of your 10 on Tuesday theme???
Post a Comment