1. FROST on the windshield...time to start parking in the garage again! For those that haven't been to our house, we have two driveways...yes, random. But I usually park on the south driveway because there are only three stairs into the house...so with Hannah, Leah and usually some bags from the store...it is just easier. Our garage is on the other side of the house (with driveway #2) and since it is underneath our house, there is a full flight of stairs up to the house. Some call it laziness but I call it better time management. :)
2. Leah just started making sounds besides squawking last week. One day, she impressed us with her hard G sound. Goo goo -Gaa gaa...reminding me of a little kid pretending to talk like a baby. The next day we got the coveted daa - daa. The following day was the sheep...baa-baa. Still no maa -maa :(
3. Leah has an ear infection - her first. She really hasn't been all that cranky and no fevers so we are wondering how long she has had it. I noticed that her ear had a funky smell after bathtime...so decided to take her in. 16 lbs, 14 oz on her 6 month birthday (with clothes on). Her "6-month" appt is next month. She absolutely hates taking medicine...it is a chore. Hannah generally took all medicine well and now is a champ.
4. Hannah had her first experience roasting marshmallows and making smores...she really wasn't too impressed but enjoyed throwing little twigs into the fire. A fire lover like her daddy and poppy. Actually Leah was quite entranced by the dancing fire as well.
5. I finally ordered some photos for the three empty frames hanging on my wall. Yay for me!
6. Hannah started swim lessons again this week. It is amazing how much she has grown in preschool. Last spring (our last session), she wasn't too keen on going with the teacher but didn't cry EVERY time. Last night, it was Hannah's turn for a quick one on one and the teacher came to take her from Andy. Hannah had absolutely no problem going with her and it was even a new teacher that she has never met. She really enjoyed swimming again.
7. Last week Nanny O visited us and we had a great time. I took a couple of photos and will share tomorrow. Hannah and Nanny O especially loved the seek and find books...think "Where's Waldo" for the Sesame Street crowd.
8. Leah definitely takes after her parents...she REALLY doesn't like the baby food peas (yuck! I am with her on this one!) and she also isn't a fan of the banana (like her daddy). Hannah, on the other hand, loved the peas the best! (Now I am lucky if I get her to eat any vegetable!)
9. We picked out four pumpkins and will carve the bigger ones this week. Hopefully tomorrow. I can't wait to roast some pumpkin seeds. yum!!!
10. Hannah is getting really good at agitating and teasing us (same thing - just depends on what mood her victim is in). I was cutting Andy's hair in the bathroom and we told Hannah repeatedly that she had to stay in the doorway so she wouldn't track hair all over the house. First she started agitating by standing just inside the doorway...which worked because we both strictly told her to get back in the hallway. Then she told us she had to go to the bathroom...we both looked at each other (we couldn't really keep our newly potty-trained daughter from doing what she needed to do, could we?) then looked at Hannah. As Andy barely started to explain about the hair again...she started laughing at us. It was too funny...and we started laughing too. I am not sure the story translates well to blog but believe me, she was definitely playing us. It doesn't surprise me that she knows what buttons to push but it does surprise me that she can do it with humor.
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah man, #10 is hilarious!
Hannah and Madison were separated at birth. If those two lived in the same city, we'd all be screwed. Those little devils would conspire against us.....
Post a Comment