Thursday, October 9, 2008

Leah updates

Leah is a whiz at rolling from her back to her belly but then gets really mad when she gets stuck there. I was sitting there yesterday wondering when they learn to roll the other way. I can't remember with Hannah and don't have it written down. Lo and behold, my little one who was lying on her belly was all of a sudden on her back. Even Hannah was impressed, "sissy, how you do that?!? Sissy rolled over!!!"

She is also very very close to sitting all by herself. Well she can sit by herself but also still does face plants and falls side to side...so mostly she sits between my legs so if she starts to fall, she falls into my leg instead of the floor. We have moved her out of the infant carrier, she is almost to tall for it. The problem with switching carseats is that we can no longer carry a sleeping leah into the store, house, restaurant and she has to use a highchair now when we go out to eat.

On the food front, I think she would eat whatever we gave her regardless of whether she has any teeth or not. So far, she enjoys rice cereal, sweet potato and carrots. She eats like she hasn't eaten in days...grabs the spoon from me and feeds herself. She is an independent one! Of course she also likes to blow raspberries while eating. I have yet found a bib that covers her well enough. Now I know why we always fed Hannah in her diaper and a bib. Unfortunately it probably isn't warm enough for that here.

She would also eat paper all day if we let her.

1 comment:

Patti said...

I always loved sitting Carter up inside the Boppy pillow when he could sit, but was still falling a lot. Also, a pack n play is pretty soft for falling over.