Hannah has not drank milk since we took her bottle away at 15 months. She sometimes tells me she drinks it in school now. So I bought chocolate milk like they get in school sometimes and the war has begun. She must drink her milk at dinner before she can A) have water to drink and B) get up from the table. On night #1, she cried a bit but quickly drank her milk. (which I must mention is probably 1 oz of milk) We were thinking that we were lucky that she didn't sit there all night.
Tonight was night #2. Full drama. It is really too bad that the battery died on my camera because I was trying to take a video to share her drama queen antics with all of you. First she just tried crying and saying no. Then "I don't want to drink milk!" at very loud decibels while crying her eyes out. Then she tried "I don't feel very well." To which I replied, "Drink your milk it will make you feel better." When that didn't work, she continued the hysterics. Next on the list was "I'm cold." To which I responded, "Drink your milk and then you can go lie on the couch and I will cover you with a blanket." More hysterics (I think you are getting the gist of it now). Meanwhile we start cleaning up from dinner while she still sat crying at the table. Seriously - one single ounce of milk and chocolate no less! Then (as I predicted) "I gotta go potty." To which Andy replied..."Drink your milk and you can get down and go potty." Did I mention that we had told her she could have a cupcake after dinner (prior to the hysterics)? Andy tried dangling a cupcake in front of her. Finally she must have sensed that we were not going to give in and she drank her milk. Wish us luck tomorrow! And I will charge the batteries just in case!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I totally understand the drama! There's just something about little girls that way. I'd tell you it gets better, but it's been downhill with Teah. I feel like it's the first visit of the teenage years :)
After just visiting, I can just visualize the "Drama Queen"! : )
Post a Comment