Tuesday, September 9, 2008

10 on Tuesday - Fair Edition

We went to the Ledyard Fair this weekend with the Harris Family. Hannah had a bunch of firsts so I decided to make this week's 10 a special edition - Firsts at the Fair. I almost didn't bring a camera but at the last moment threw my P&S in the diaper bag.

1. SCHOOL BUS RIDE: One of the highlights of our trip to the fair was riding on a school bus from the high school parking lot to the fairgrounds. Hannah was so excited to be on a school bus or "cool bus" as she calls it. Emma and Eliza were quite pleased themselves.



2. PONY RIDE: Hannah rode her first pony. She said she wanted to but I seriously doubted that she would follow thru. I thought she would change her mind as soon as I put her up on the pony. I was wrong! She loved it! Look at that smile!



3. BIG SLIDE: Hannah and Andy went down the big spiral slide at the fair. I think she would have loved to go again but we were the last customers before they started breaking down all of the rides.



4. FERRIS WHEEL: Andy and Hannah went with the Harris girls on the big ferris wheel. No fear in that child. In fact, I think I was more scared than she was...especially after I saw her looking over the edge when she was at the very top!



5. PORTAPOTTY: When we first went in, Hannah decided she no longer needed to go. But after seeing both Emma and Eliza brave the portapotty, she decided it was ok. And she made sure to tell me before bed "I peed at the fair. Eliza peed at the fair and Emma peed at the fair." Hannah's version of a bedtime story?

6. SHAVED ICE: Hannah had her first Hawaiian Shaved Ice. (upscale sno-cone) She opted for blue and red. It did slow us down a bit because she had a bit of a hard time walking and eating her ice with a spoon. Check out the evidence on her face in the bus photo.

7. SOLO RIDE: She also went on her first solo ride. All by herself. She rode in a little red fire engine and enjoyed every single second of it. What a big girl she is now!



8. HELICOPTER RIDE: Sure, it was a fair ride. But it went up and down. Hannah exclaimed "We're flying!" I did have to join the girls on this ride though.



9. SISTERS BATH: When we got home, we started Leah's nightly bath routine. Hannah likes to help. Each day last week she was getting closer and closer...eventually putting her feet in the tub. This night was different. She was standing in the tub and told me she didn't want to get her clothes wet. :) So I stripped her down and she jumped right in. Their first bath together :) She wants to take a bath with Leah every night now. I had some issues taking bath photos without girly parts showing...everytime I took a photo, Leah would grab the bib and put it in her mouth...exposing everything. An exhibitionist already!



10. No first for #10 - just a photo to show how Leah enjoyed the fair while she wasn't sleeping.

1 comment:

Beth Chandler said...

I loved this one! What a great day at the fair!

-Beth