1. Leah rolled over today and noone got to witness it. Hannah wanted some pretzels and spicy mustard (a la bell's) and followed me to the kitchen to supervise. We walked back in to the living room to find Leah on her stomach. Of course she hasn't done it again today even when we put toys right out of reach.
2. Leah also discovered her feet today. She was sitting at the dinner table in a reclining chair and started staring at her feet...then trying to grab her foot. New toys and probably eventually something new to go into her mouth - everything goes into her mouth.
3. We went to Boston this weekend for a mini getaway. Look for a post later this week with photos (I am not downloading any more pics until I finish my texas posts). We got there Saturday morning and spent the day walking around. And when I say walking around I mean over 6 miles of walking with two strollers! (mapmyrun.com is a very cool website - check it out!) On Sunday we got to have breakfast with Aunt Gretchen who was in Boston for a conference.
4. We are missing a box of baby clothes...we will begin that search tomorrow. I already checked the attic and the girls' rooms. I had to buy Leah some long sleeve stuff because all I could find in our stash that was her size was summer stuff. But today as I wandered around Target and saw all of the halloween and fall stuff...I remembered that my favorite fall outfit of Hannah's is missing. It would be the right size too. There must be another box somewhere unless the pants, onesie and sweater up and walked away. Funny how she wore that at 9 months and it would fit Leah at 5 months.
5. Hannah is in a Mommy phase right now. We are not sure when it began or why it switched from her Daddy phase. Although it is nice to be so well loved, it has totally changed our routines. I used to do bedtime for Leah and Andy did bedtime for Hannah. Now I get to do both. Usually we also split the duties in the middle of the night. If Leah wakes, I go feed her and get her back to bed...if Hannah gets up, Andy takes charge. Now if she wakes up, she calls my name. I am the chosen one. Usually it is not an issue but they both got up twice last night...I was so tired this morning. Hannah also tries to sit on my lap while I am feeding Leah - that totally doesn't work. But I must say how can I resist her cute little voice when she asks "Mommy, wanna play (color, read, sing, watch dora) with me?" :)
6. When I asked Hannah what she wanted to be for Halloween, she told me she wanted to be the Little Mermaid. No surprise there. I thought it would be so cute...she could be Ariel and Leah could be an octopus, fish, lobster (insert random sea creature here). Then I began to search for the costumes. All of the costumes are fairly fitted to the knee then flare to give the tail effect. This design was not meant for a vertically challenged two year old. So I convinced her to be Dora. :) Much more 2 yr old friendly and actually a costume that she can wear to school.
7. Hannah wanted to know what Leah was going to be for Halloween, still stuck on Leah being a starfish (back to the sea theme). I told her Leah would be Boots (Dora's monkey friend for those not in the know). She has since informed us that she will be Dora, Leah will be Boots, Daddy will be Diego and Mommy will be Alicia. (Diego is Dora's cousin and has his own show with his sister Alicia). Andy pretty much hates halloween but how can he resist his firstborn daughter? He can't. Luckily Diego is a tshirt, utility vest and shorts wearing kind of guy...good thing he didn't have to be an octopus or King Titan!
8. I think my tomato garden is a bust this year. After the deer debacle (it ate all of my green tomatoes), many more tomatoes grew in their places. Unfortunately, they are not yet ripening. I have had some tasty red grape tomatoes...but no large sized tomatoes. There must be other things to do with green tomatoes other than the fried variety. Surely there must be a pickled green tomato relish or something...will have to google it later.
9. Hannah is enjoying preschool and I enjoy getting artwork and a "what I did in school" sheet every week. The titles of the books they read last week cracked me up..."No Biting", "When Mommy and Daddy go to work", "Let's learn to share" etc. I also feel like she is in real school now...why you ask???...we got our first scholastic book order form last week. :)
10. You know the Tostito's commercial with the three women talking about how much their kids enjoyed the playdate as the camera pans to three babies sleeping in carseats? Leah enjoys her weekly playdate with Lorenzo too. Julie and I meet at Starbucks with the babies after we drop the older siblings off at preschool. It is nice to get out and have some adult conversation time with a hot coffee drink, complete with whipped cream. Julie and I are both thankful to be done with gestational diabetes.
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Map my run is a great site! I love it, especially for mapping out routes in a new town. Can't wait to see the pics of your family in full Dora gear!!! :)
That's funny - Teah and Carter were Dora and Boots last year for Halloween! You can see their costumes from our October '07 album from last year: http://hilliard.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album95&page=3 . For Boots, I can mail you the red booties, tail, and headband if you're interested in a more homemade look. You can buy Boots costumes on ebay and the like too - cuter, but much more pricey. Good luck! I love Halloween.
Hi guys!
I caught up on your blog tonight. It is so nice and newsy! The girls are so cute! Can't wait to see picutres of everyone (including Andy!!) in their Halloween costumes. No costume for Mom?
Love,
Katrina
Post a Comment