Monday, September 29, 2008

10 on tuesday

Texas wedding edition. I had these big plans to take all of these great photos at Beth and Jacobe's wedding. Hannah was one of the flower girls. But I underestimated my girls. During the actual wedding and reception, I think one or the other was in meltdown stage at all times. We would get Leah calmed down and Hannah would fall apart. I managed to get a few snapshots in between.

1. The morning of the wedding we had the rehearsal. Hannah and Mariah did very well walking down the aisle holding hands and carrying their baskets. They didn't practice throwing the petals. Here are a couple shots of Hannah from the rehearsal.




2. We headed out after the rehearsal, grabbed a quick bite at whataburger and the girls napped in the car. Hannah did not take naps this trip unless they were a result of falling asleep in the car. They slept for awhile then that afternoon it was time to head back to the wedding. I dressed Hannah at the Villa. Hannah enjoyed checking herself out in the mirror. She was pleased with her wedding dancing dress and party shoes as they were called.



3. A photo in front of the date cards...which in the drama from the girls, we forgot to sign. Posing with the little mermaid...luckily Ariel didn't have to go down the aisle.


4. Our well thought out plan involved me sitting in the front row waiting for Hannah and Andy and Leah waiting with her in the hallway before she had to walk down the aisle. Then Andy would sit in the back if Leah started crying. Well that all went out the window when Hannah freaked that I was leaving and wanted to be with me. SO I also stayed out with her in the hall...figuring I would sneak down the side and meet her at the front. Mariah and Hannah started down the aisle. Hannah stopped and Mariah kept going, expertly throwing petals. I walked thru the doors with Hannah to get her started then tried to sneak off...she followed. SO I ended up the third flower girl as I helped Hannah down the aisle...once she started throwing petals she really got into it! Of course she kept throwing petals once we sat down and wouldn't stop talking so we snuck back out. I took her to Andy and went back to see the rest of the wedding. Apparently she screamed the entire time because she wanted to go back with me. Needless to say Andy was already ready to go home. Basically both girls were way overtired by that point in the week and it showed.



5. Some outdoor shots...Hannah did not feel like cooperating.







6. Just hanging out at the wedding. I also waited to change Leah until we got there. She was in her dress approximately 2.5 seconds before she spit up all over it. And prior to that she managed to spitup on the mother of the bride! Leah only wore her dress for about 25 minutes then we changed her into pjs. Here she is hanging out with Daddy, Nanny O, and cousin Ricky.



7. The bride - my cousin Beth. Isn't she glowing? Sorry Jacobe...I didn't have any photos of you!


8. Yummy cake! Make that cakes!


9. No photos but we enjoyed a mashed potato martini bar (what is better than mashed potatoes with all sorts of toppings?), chocolate fountain, caramel apple bar and more! We left early and didn't get to partake in the dancing though I am sure if Hannah was in a better mood she would have loved it!

10. It was great to meet Jacobe's family and reconnect with the other side of my Aunt's family. And I was also lucky enough to meet up with some friends that I met online who live in the Dallas area. I didn't get out my camera at lunch but it was fun to meet Christine and Jen and their families!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos....great memories!!!
I had a great time.

a2plums said...

Oh I can relate! If we hadn't given our camera to my cousin, we would have no pictures from Mary's wedding. I'm sure Ryan and Andy can commiserate, too : )

Beth Chandler said...

Great pictures Becky! You and Andy are troopers to make it to Texas with the girls. I bet when you got home it felt more like a vacation than the trip itself.

-Beth