Tuesday, March 17, 2009

10 on Tuesday

1. Leah is trying to climb the stairs...she gets to standing on the first step then doesn't know what to do. I caught her the first time and not the second. Must try to find a gate or something.

2. Hannah made a new doll while we were in NYC. She has purple hair and a purple dress. Looks like we are back to her first favorite color (though it is difficult to remember the time before the blue/pink phase). I tried to help her name the doll. She liked Jasmine because of all of the purple. But then decided that since she had puffy sleeves on her princess dress that her name should be Cinderella. She didn't like any of my suggestions...Cinderella it is!

3. While I surfed the clearance rack at Target today, Leah somehow managed to stand up in the top of the cart and wiggle out of the seatbelt. She is a little houdini. Luckily I saw her before she fell head first out of the cart. Are you seeing a theme here?

4. Hannah drank three half glasses of chocolate milk today. Will wonders never cease. I did not say anything about it at all. I just filled her cup when she asked for more. Hopefully Leah will not go on a 2 year milk haitus.

5. I just love walking into Leah's room to get her after naps and seeing her standing there in her crib. Too cute. Though it makes me wonder how long it will take her to try to climb out (see #1 and #3). At least the sleepsack limits her a bit...for now.

6. Walking close to 5 miles around NYC with an extra 20 lbs attached to your front, side or back definitely counts as exercise and can make you sore...of course, the corned beef/pastrami sandwich, beer, chili nachos, garrett's popcorn, candy bag from FAO etc etc probably more than cancelled out the exercise.

7. I took a beg/intermediate ballet class last week. It felt so good to be dancing again. I was definitely sore but it was a good sore. Hello hip flexors! I am going to go again next week.

8. Our first crocus is up - it must be spring. The tulips, daylilies, and more are started to pop out of the ground. We have a lot of spring cleaning to do outside this year...including fixing the fence that the drunk driver ran over. (Home Depot doesn't carry our particular fence in the fall and winter)

9. Leah is crying and has only been down for an hour...it is going to be a long night I think. She was crabby/crying all evening. Hopefully it isn't another ear infection.

10. Hannah start dance class this week. Class actually started last week but she was waitlisted. I got a call today that there is now space for her. We bought her a new dance leotard today and she wants to get some "ballerina shoes" tomorrow. I really hope she enjoys it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is there a recital I should put on my calendar?!?