Tuesday, March 24, 2009

First dance class

Dance class did not go well. Hannah cried the first five minutes then the teacher asked me to come in and sit with her to watch. Hannah enjoyed watching and I could tell she wanted to dance. I hope it goes better this week. She has been doing the stuff from class all week long. She told me that Miss Kim gave her a sticker because she was such a good watcher. HA!

I am feeling a little more confident that this week will go better because Hannah told me today that she told Miss Drue that she was going to dance class this week. I misheard her and thought she said "to watch." Hannah said "No, silly, I am going to dance class to dance - that is what I told Miss Drue."

Here is the single shot I got of her last week before class started and the crying ensued.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! Looks like she has Grandpa Art's tummy. : )

Jim said...

Madison's dance class has a day when parents can watch every couple of months. We videotape segments of those days and then Madison & Lauren watch them throughout the week. I think it really built up Madison's confidence that she could "practice" outside of class! :)