Last week Andy had to work in New York...so we decided to go as a family on Sunday and then he would stay and the girls and I would come home on Monday. I think I am brave. ;) We took the train from New Haven and both girls traveled well. A couple of highlights from our trip included Top of the Rock (views from the top of Rockefeller Center), FAO Schwartz (especially the candy area), pastrami and corned beef sandwiches, B&H photo superstore, and more. Let's not forget our family tradition of buying new coats/sweatshirts/hats etc when we don't dress properly. Luckily this time we only needed to buy warmer clothes for Hannah. Hannah got a new sweatshirt from the Gap...after grabbing the foot of a mannequin that was sitting on a display...luckily I caught it before it fell all of the way over! We missed the 11:07 train back to New Haven and I wandered around for an hour with two sleeping girls...one in the stroller and on carried on my front. They both woke as we boarded the 12:07 train. But since they napped they were both in fairly good moods on the way home.
Top of the Rock and view of the Empire State Building (see my other blog for a photo of me and the girls)

Hannah and her new sweatshirt outside the brewery that we had lunch at.

My little artist...she was so proud of her sculpture.
1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who makes it a habit of having to buy the things we've forgotten on every trip. In January we drove to Kalamazoo in a winter storm warning - they got 8" of snow and I had forgotten the kids winter coats!
Post a Comment