Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10 on tuesday

1. Funny from Hannah today: After she politely excuses herself with a smile after "tooting", I told her laughing face that it had better not smell. She immediately ran over to Andy and said "Daddy, smell my underwear!" We could not NOT laugh at that one.

2. Leah had her very first swim class yesterday and loved every minute of it. As soon as we entered the pool, she started squealing. She even was perfectly happy going with the teacher.

3. Hannah also had a big swim class day yesterday too. She attended her first class all by herself...no parent in the pool this time. What a big girl! She seemed to enjoy herself as well.

4. Christmas is all cleaned up and we are currently working on painting our family room.

5. Hannah's birthday is this month and she has decided on a Little Mermaid theme...though there was a momentary conversation about Belle and Sleeping Beauty today. I am just going to let that slide since we already bought Ariel plates. :)

6. I know everyone always has healthy diet and exercise New Year's resolutions but this time we are sticking with it. We have been working out and putting much more thought into healthy food. We have some weight loss goals and hopefully we can do it.

7. Hannah has two new favorite songs..."Love Story" by Taylor Swift (because she saw the video and thinks she looks like a princess...specifically Belle) and "All I Want to Do" by Sugarland (ooo-oo-oo-oo-ooo). It is really cute when she sings along "you be the prince and I'll be the princess..."

8. Leah is going to crawl...soon! She is getting on all fours and rocking but meanwhile she is rolling around the room. She also surprisingly pulled to standing trying to climb on my lap tonight. We will be in trouble soon I am sure.

9. We ate at a great pizza place in New Haven this weekend. Andy saw it on Pizza Paradise on the Travel Channel. Frank Pepe's was very good...it didn't fit into our healthy eating but we planned to get a small pizza and salads...to our surprise, this pizza joint only sells pizza! No breadsticks, no salad, no sides. Next time in New Haven we are going to try Sally's (was also mentioned on Pizza Paradise).

10. Leah's food list is growing and growing...she loves rice and beans like her sister. She also has been eating melon, banana, cracker, bread, avocado, barley, carrots, celery and anything else she can get into her mouth.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love Hannah's taste in music. :)