Saturday, January 17, 2009

Hannah's party recap

Photos tomorrow...

Hannah enjoyed her party with all of her friends (13 kids and 2 babies!). Though she did go upstairs for about 5 minutes. I followed and asked her why she was upstairs...she said she wanted to play with her dollhouse. I asked her if there were to many people downstairs. Nope. She said "I just want to play with my dollhouse because I am getting a little crabby." So I told her that she should come downstairs when she didn't feel crabby anymore...or I would come get her when it was time for cake. She came bounding into the kitchen about 5 minutes later with a big smile on her face. Guess she just needed to recharge. :)

She had a beautiful Ariel cake and three candles. We got everyone around the table, the video camera ready, the other camera was ready...Andy lit the candles and we started to sing. Hannah put her head down on the table and started crying. We did finish the song and then she calmed down. She told me she just didn't want anyone to sing a song. But apparently they sang to her in school on Friday when she took cupcakes in...and she says she didn't cry - she just smiled. We all ate cake and ice cream and Hannah opened her presents. Lot of fun new stuff to play with. The kids all enjoyed playing with the train table, the balloons, the hula hoop, the remote control car and more. Other kids' toys are always more fun than your own. :)

The evening ended on a high note and Hannah wanted to wear her birthday dress to bed and take one of her new ariel dolls with her.

I can't believe she is turning THREE tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

13 kids! I would have gone to my room too!
Glad a nice time was had by all

Ann said...

That does sound a little overwhelming, but good thing she knows her limits--smart girl! Happy Birthday to her again!