Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Ten on Tuesday: Randomness

1. We made these cute gifts for Christmas. It was a family project. Hannah and Leah lent the feet to the project. Andy did the wrangling and I did the foot dipping and placing. Then finished it off with a glue gun and a marker. Oh yeah, and my thumb print as the nose. And in case you think I thought this up all on my own...I saw it here first.lifeinmotion Lyndsay posted this on her blog and I was inspired. Really she inspires me a lot because she is a fabulous photographer. Check out the rest of her blog and her beautiful portraits.



2. Hannah and I made these crayons for her birthday. We used the silicone baking cups and put in peeled and broken pieces of crayons. Then baked in the oven until melted. Once they cooled, we just popped them right out of the molds. We are going to make heart shaped ones for valentines day!



3. I have been looking at mommy necklaces for a long time since I failed at finding a garnet ring I liked (hannah's birthstone)...plus little leah is a diamond girl and andy told me only one diamond in my lifetime. I finally got one for Christmas from an Etsy seller, thevintagepearl. I love it. Leah loves it too and so far has been unable to break though she tugs/chews on it constantly.

Attention husbands and dads...this makes a great gift...and there are a lot of styles to choose from...and some you could add charms too when there are more little ones.



4. Hannah got a big box of dress-up clothes for her birthday. So far, the only thing she has worn is the sleeping beauty dress. She loves it! She, however, does not want her photo taken in it. (Note the new sleeping beauty doll too.)



5. Leah was just not a fan of the costumes at all...what a pout! And it was followed by a good cry.



6. Leah loves avocado as you can see...but that is not surprising...she loves anything she can eat.



7. Happy Birthday to Great Grandma Lil!!!!

8. It appears I was not so lucky as to avoid the flu that took Hannah out for 7 days...so you only get eight today.

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love the mom necklace!! And the crayon idea is a great one--I bet Hannah has a ton of fun coloring with them. Miss you!!!